Irregular Past Tense Exercise
Fill in the blanks below with one of the 15 irregular past tense verbs in the box.
(1) He _________________ his homework before he went to school.
(2) It was cold so we _________________ some hot chocolate.
(3) I _________________ a sandcastle when I went to the beach.
(4) It was a hot day so she _________________ in the lake yesterday.
(5) His car had a flat tire so he _________________ the bus to work.
(6) I _________________ a horse last summer when I went to my uncle's farm.
(7) I was late for class so I _________________ to school.
(8) I _________________ two hamburgers so I am full.
(9) I _________________ a good book before I went to bed.
(10) She _________________ a lion when she went to the zoo.
(11) A letter _________________ in the mail today.
(12) They _________________ hiking yesterday.
(13) I _________________ my brother a game for his birthday.
(14) She _________________ a good report card so her mom was happy.
(15) I _________________ my friends when we went to the park.
1- did 2- drank 3- made 4- swam 5- took 6- rode 7-ran 8- ate 9- read 10- saw 11- came 12- went 13- gave 14- got 15- met